Saturday, July 9, 2011

07/02/11

AND!  We’re up!  And we’re going to “The Big Egg” for breakfast and coffee.  Obviously, Rita and her mum didn’t get the memo that Amber needs at least 1 cup of coffee before she can function properly…that’s ok…I’ll just stumble into my clothes (and hopefully put them on correctly and stare blankly at the menu until you order for me!
The Big Egg is located off of
Mississippi St.
in a food cart area!  It’s set up this way and permanent!!  There’s a vegan place and a coffee place and…so much!  There were I think 10(ish) carts there!  WOW!  Oh, and not carts really but converted campers and such.  Tssssssss.  Awesome.  You have to get here when they open though (8am) otherwise you will have to wait 45 minutes for your breakfast burrito!  Whoa!  Yes, that’s how good the food is!

10:00 am:
Hanging out on Rita’s new patio that she and her mum made from broken up concrete, bits of brick, and dirt!  It’s awesome and the moss will be planted soon so it can grow all over it!  Rita’s yard is a gardener’s paradise (not to be confused with a gangsta’s paradise).  Her sister, Renee designed and installed it.  And WOW!  So yea, sitting in her yard made me feel quite at home and I believe may have defragmented me…

11:00 am:
We’re off to go hiking in the gorge to find waterfalls and moss and trees and such!  YAY!  And it’s beautiful.  The waterfall?  HUGE!  I don’t know how far up the mountain it starts, but WOW!  It’s far and you can see the sheets of water falling from the cliff.  We all hiked up to the top (2 miles) to see the view.  The people at the bottom were just pinpricks of humanness…yea, it was a long way up!

And driving home we get the view again.  Mount Hood and
Mount St.
Helens
.  St. Helens blew her top in the 80’s (I was living in Washington State when it happened—cool!!!!), but mount Hood still has it’s crown.  Crown?  Do they call a volcano top a crown?  I guess it’s better than calling it a volcano top, huh?  And whoa.  Those are some big mountains!!!!  Covered in snow!!!

9:00 pm:
Home and hanging out after a walk around the neighborhood and decide that we need to eat again, because that’s what you do in Portland Oregon.  You eat lots of amazing food!!  Off to Por Que No for some yes, food.  I think that’s all that’s happened here in Portland so far.  Food, sit on patio, food, drink a beer, food, ride a bike.  Really now!  I think I have gained weight!!!!!  YAY!!!!!

11:00 pm:
Sleep again.  And still so very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment