Wednesday, June 8, 2011

05/28/11

9:30 am:
UP! UP! UP!  We gots ta’ get some wheels to get (git?) to Loretta!!!  Starbucks for some real gooooood coffee and a blueberry scone.  The one thing I may miss the most about Maine (other than the humans) is it’s abundance of coffee shops, oh and food stuffs I can eat…I need some greens, dammit!!! 

11:30 am:
Hyundai dealership (yea, they were surprised to see us!).  And let me tell ya’!  Tennessee dealership dudes are the nicest people you will ever meet!  We were introduced to everyone there and they hung out with us the whole time!!  WOW!  I’m supposed to send a postcard to them during my travels.  (heart)  We also met this young bloke who was wearing camo and looked exactly like Tom Cruise!  He even had aviator shades and a dog head thing that you usually wear with a whole costume (um…)…when he was leaving; he walked up to me and said, “So, I’m going now.  I just wanted to let you know” and then stood there awkwardly.  What does a unicorn do?  She gets real excited and asks if she can take a picture of him!  YAY!  He was into it!
So, I buy a 2004 Honda Element.  Hold back tears as we clean out Jezebel…still holding back tears.  It’s for the best though!  I would be totally stressed the whole trip if still had her. 

3:00 pm:
DONE!  Finally!!  STARVING!!!!!!!!!
Barb and I go to this restaurant and EAT!  Fish & chips.  Yes, I’m a vegetarian, but sometimes one just has to break down and try and get some good stuffs in ya’ especially when you can’t find anything that will sustain your body so well in the South.
Oh…and then we both got sick.  Tssssssssss. 

7:30 pm:
Pull into Loretta Lynn’s ranch!  The show starts at 8:00 pm.  That was close!  I spoke with Melinda and she told me to come back the next day so that she could refund me the whole amount for our campsite.  I had reserved a full hookup site for us so we could hang on the ranch all day…that’s hard to do in an Element!  I love Melinda!  We gots us some Loretta Lynn beer cozies (they’re denim), one beer each to put into our new cozies, and settled into our seats—center stage, ninth row, right smack in the middle!  It twas the most amazing show EVAH!!!!!  Loretta had had knee surgery so she had to sit the whole time, but she came out and sang for us.  You could tell she was in pain sometimes, but damn.  That woman is AMAZING!

9:00 pm:
Off to town to check into the Knights Inn…they supposedly had a discount running for that night because of the show.  I don’t know what kind of discount it was since it cost us $90 for the room, but meh.  Oh, and it was FILTHY!  I took pictures, but they make me sick, so I will post them after the shock has worn off.  GROSS! 
Barb and I then settled on the bed to plot out Sunday!!! 
Oh, and the only radio station that came in was a religious one.  Hurricane Mills.

No comments:

Post a Comment