Monday, June 20, 2011

06/09/11

8:30 am
Drving!  Again!  I know!  Shocking right?  Tssssssss!  So, I’m in Carlsbad, NM and have to get to Tucson, AZ.  I wanted to stop and see my friend Jose, but he’s heading to Phoenix for a wedding…maybe I’ll catch up with him in Phoenix?  In order to get to Tucson , I have to (in case you forgot) drive through a desert “forest” fire (200,000 acres of it) and avoid Juarez, Mexico (drug wars)…YAY! 
So, here I am driving knowing now that the cloudy skies are not fog or smog, but real live smoke and I can see it clearly now.  The smoke!  It’s not just a haze in the distance, but above me on the highway!!!  AH!  There are still people on the road though and I checked with road closures and there were none the way I was going.  Keep driving!  Mother Nature is awesome in what she does.  Oh, and as a side note, I don’t throw my cigarette butts out the window…I have a cup with water in it that I keep in my car and clean out every time I stop at a gas station or hotel.  I know it’s gross, but I am not going to be the cause of more acreage burning!!!!!  Ok, yea, it’s super gross.
So I get some on video while I’m driving and then conveniently:  a rest stop!  YES!!!  I’m able to show you what I see!!!  And ants…and a 4 fingered handprint…Roswell?  Hmmmmmmm…

1:00 pm:
New Mexico border visitor center!  CLEAR!  No, Juarez drug wars in ma’ face, no fire (just smoke) and now it’s all clear on this side!  YAY!!!  There are signs up everywhere warning you about the rattlesnakes though!  AH!  I have yet to see one, which is good…and I’m a little disappointed too.  (pout)

7:30 pm:
Tucson, Arizona!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!  Soooooo tired!  And somehow missed Molly’s and Chris’s messages that I’m welcome in their homes in Tucson.  BAH!  Oh, well… 

See now!  That was a pretty uneventful day!!  Nice!  Other than the smoke and war and stuff…

No comments:

Post a Comment