Thursday, June 30, 2011

06/17/11

And now?  I REALLY want to go to the Bunny Museum in Pasadena California!  Yes please!  Who wouldn’t right?  I mean Elijah Wood did a “commercial” for it!  That’s Frodo, by the way…
So I called, because that’s what yer a’posed ta’ do before showing up and the woman (yes, I spoke with Candace herself) told me that she had a slot open for a tour at 3pm.  Ugh.  No, that’s too late!  Wait…why?  Why don’t you just open your home up from blah blah to blah blah and let people stroll through?  That was the only time slot she had open though, so I thanked her and moved on.  Last thing before she hung up the phone?  “Have a hoppy day!”  (snarf) ohhhkay, that made it better, thanks crazy lady!
Legoland then?  Yes!  Oh……um……no…..that’s $70 just to get in.  DOH!  I’ll wait for that another time…wink wink.
Ok, so how about we just drive Coastal Route 1 then and see what happens?  Deal.

11:00 am:
BEACH!!!!  Holy lordah.  I didn’t realize how much I missed the ocean!!!  There it is all big and beautiful and sandy and sunny and…….crap.  Now I have to pull over since I’m all teary eyed again. 

Here’s the downlow about driving Rt. 1 through California.  I got on in the San Diego area, which means that, yea, at some point (which is now in the story) you have to get through Los Angeles.  So that’s um…not all that fun.  It’s about 2 blocks, then a traffic light, then 2 blocks and a traffic light…which seems to go on and on and on and in a standard, whew!  That’s a work out alright!  So if yer a’wantin’ to do the coastal trip, get on around the Malibu area, that way you’ll get a lil’ of the California/Orange Country (yea, I drove through 90210…iiiiiiieeeeeeeee!!!) feel and then BOOM!  You’re on the cliffs and looking out over the ocean!  I did get to eat at a vegetarian restaurant called the “Secret Spot” near Sunset Beach and it was deeeeeeeee-licious!

6:00 pm:
Out of the car and prancing in the ocean!  WOW!  Perfect.

8:00 pm:
I’m supposed to be in Santa Cruz at this point hanging out with Krista Jean and Tyson, but LA smacked my time all off, so here I am in Lipoma looking for gas, wine, and a motel.  Well the sign on the highway said they had lodging…hmmmmmm…I’m still 3 hours away from Santa Cruz and have been driving since 10 am.  Iza tuckered out!  The gas station was awesome.  And when you start evaluating gas stations and rest stops, you know you’ve been on the road for a bit!  I felt like I lived there!  The guy at the counter said “hey Jimmy/Bob/Mary” to everyone who walked in and then looked at me and said “hey, how are you doing, hon?”  Really???  Are you from Tennessee??!!  Gimmie!!!  I got my gas and wine and decided to drive a little further into the um…town?  Well, there ain’t no more town other than the gas station and a place called Rocky’s which was PACKED with jacked up trucks and dudes standing outside smoking and talking…I didn’t stop, no worries!  I pulled into the parking area of the house converted into a small restaurant, walked in and saw my MOM!  Naw, not really, but she might as well have been!  She looked up and said, hey hon, what can I get for you?  (sigh) a hug?  Yes?  I asked her about lodging and she shook her head and told me there was nothing like that in town.  I then asked if I could just sleep on her couch here in the waiting room.  HA!  Nope, ok.  Doesn’t hurt to try right?  Hey, I like your shirt, gimmie it.

9:00 pm:
San Luis Obispo (Krista Jean told me to stop here).  And I SO wanted to stay at the Madonna Inn!!!  Just look at those rooms!!!  AH!  It’s was $200 though and it was already 9…so (sigh) nope.
Motel 6?  Ohhhhkay.  Again.  Sleep now please.

1 comment:

  1. Bunny Museum? BUNNY MUSEUM! I gotta go!

    Also, I am very jealous you got to see Krista Jean. <3

    ReplyDelete