Thursday, June 30, 2011

06/18/11

Imma gonna get to Santa Cruz as fast as I can now, so I’m going to take the 101.  It’s only a couple hours from here, so since I’m missing Big Sur in between, it ain’t no thang.  2 hours is NOTHING on a cross country trip!  It’s like looking at your partner at night and saying, oh!  We don’t have milk for coffee tomorrow or any more beer, I’m just going to walk up to the corner store and grab some, be right back.  That’s what 2 hours is.  A jolly jaunt to the corner store for milk and beer.
Um….did I just type “jolly jaunt”???  Wha? 

Now I’m going to have a tailgate party at Burger King with my veggie burger and teddy bear and panda bear!  GO!

1:30 pm:
SANTA CRUZ!!!!!!!  And the first person I meet is Ray (Krista’s husband) jogging with Huckleberry as I was texting Krista that I was there!  He popped in to drop off the dog and continue on his (crazy) 8 mile jog…GAH!  Ok.  I gotta dump my cooler, so I’m good.  And OH!  I get my own wee lil’ house to stay in??!!!  Wha??!!  With a bathroom?  I will not fall down.  I will not fall down.  Wow.

Oh my gosh and now KRISTA JEAN!  If you don’t know Krista, well, you are missing something very wonderful in your life!  So if you want to meet her, just holler and I’ll introduce you because one always needs a Krista Jean in their lives.  Mmmm hmmmm.  Yep.
We got coffee, ate dinner, walked about town, got a water taxi to drive us to who knows where!  There’s no berthing at the docks either, ok?  Unless you consult the dock officer or the boy scouts.  Be warned.  They’re serious in Santa Cruz.  Keep them babies off the docks!  HA! 
And now Krista and Ray have to go grocery shopping, so they drop me off at The Crepe Place to meet up with the one and only TYSON!!!  <3 
Holy crap.  When you’ve been alone…well…um…when I’VE been alone for more than 4 days, boy that really gets to you…or me!!  And having both of these amazing people around me re-booted this unicorn.  So, thank you.
We hung out alllllll night at this crepe place then headed back to Krista Jean’s for beers and cookin’!  Yea, I helped cooked chicken!  WHOA!  Well I didn’t actually help, I just said “BASTE!” every 10 minutes until it was 1 in the morning!  The chicken got cooked (and nicely basted) for the next day…it was Father’s Day, so it was important…in case you were wondering why we were cooking a whole chicken at night!  And the next morning?  Yea, that kitchen was clean and swept.  That’s how we roll.

1:00 am:
Sleep now?  With happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment