Thursday, June 30, 2011

06/21/11

Breakfast time!  Oh, I first had to crawl outta ma’ car again…and have 3 sips of cold coffee from the day before.  Seems to have become a habit though so now I’m trained not to drink all of my coffee…why don’t you buy a hotplate or propane mini stove, Amber?  Wha?  What would the fun in that be??!!  Come on now!  I just got trained!  Don’t go throwing luxuries at me!  Tssssssss. 

After a delicious breakfast burrito, I hiked to a waterfall (which was surrounded by wee lil’ screaming children….YEA!) and then to the lookout where I met two women.  They asked me if I was hiking alone.  Yea, sorry.  I know, I know, be careful, but have you seen all of these people on these trails??  I’m gonna be ok. Thanks.  One of them told me I should hike this other trail…and I’m sorry, but I didn’t write it down, so I done plum forgot what it was….hmmmm.  Anyway, her friend freaked out and said there was no way I should hike that alone!!!!  Literally looking me in the eye and basically begging me not to do it.  WHA?  Her friend asked her why and she said “it’s like 4 miles in the desolation and there are wild animals and she’ll get lost and no one will know!!!!!”  AH!  Lady!  Settle yourself!  I’m sure it will be fine (her friend agreed…-snarf- after giving her a “are you ok?” look).  So what does this Panda Pants do when someone says not to do something?  HA!  Yea.  I did it.  And the tiger scared the bajesus outta me and then I got so lost I had to gnaw my own arm off even though I’m a vegetarian and THEN!!!!  OMG!!!!!!  I found the beach and there were people there and I was so starved from being in the (ehem) field for like 4 months that I ATE them!!!!  Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!  They signed a waiver!  It’s ok!  The waivers are over here under this rock…come here…check for yourself…waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!
Ok.  Really.  Um…Yea, it was a trek, but it was flat and led to the beach and back again and I saw…nope, I heard rustlings in the bushes at one point which may have been a bird.
I played on the beach (tssss, of course!) and I passed a woman about my age and she recognized me from the other trail.  She was all like, hey!  We just saw you on the other trail and I was all like, HEY!  Look at me, I’m awkward and will tell you I don’t remember, but HI! Again!!!!!!  Sheesh, Amber.  Come on now.  Try and censor your words sometimes maybe?

Time Unknown:
Drivin’ back North past Santa Cruz and I need to pop into Whole Foods to get a nice beer and a French Press for Krista Jean and Ray as a thank you present.  I did.  Krista wasn’t home still…(pout).

Time Unknown:
Some hotel in some such town.  Yea.  It’s a blur right now………nothing important happened other than sllllleeeeeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment