Monday, October 1, 2012

So, yea.  I know.  I still haven't finished the end of the last road trip, but hey...it's been over a year!  Do you even really care anymore???
I'll get to it...promise...someday...


Anyway!  A year ago I took a road trip…a 2 ½ month road trip to Alaska and back all on my own.  I followed old Route 66, went up the coast of California, through the Yukon, landed in the most amazing place on earth, then turned around and headed home on Route 40.  I slept in the car, shitty motels, friend’s homes, and a cabin.  It was the most amazing experience I will ever have.  Truly.  And what happens when one goes on a road trip??  One needs to revisit it again and again, so when my best fwend asked me if I wanted to go to Nashville with her how could I refuse??!

It started out with a plane ride into Nashville for the weekend and turned into 2 weeks on the road.  We planned as two crazy girls plan, sipping whiskey and writing on napkins:
-To do-
1.     Riverboat
2.     Opryland
3.     Steal dog (& “papers”)
4.     Fight bears
5.     Overthrow Troll King of Clingman’s Doom
6.     Pick up road-wolves
7.     Johny & Jones gravesite
-To pack-
            1.  Hiking shoes
            2.  Backpacks
            3.  Trowel?
            4.  Sleepin’ bags
            5.  Tent
            6.  Water container
            7.  Camel
            8.  Boots (2-3 pairs)
            9.  Heels for Barb!
            10.  Dresses
            11.  Jeans (2 pair)
            12.  1 long sleeve thermal
            13.  Jammie pants
            14.  T-shirts (8 million or 4…)
            15.  Hoody
            16.  Sox!!  (6 pair?)

Obviously, from these lists, we totally knew what we were doin’!!  We booked a hotel room in New Orleans, plotted our course cross country(ish) and packed…THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT (and possibly the day we left…but we ain’t sayin’!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment