Monday, May 5, 2014

05/03/14

I worked brunch today.  It’s been a rough week, but the time has come to have a talk with my best friend.  One on one.  So grab yourself a drink and let’s sit outside so I can explain to you how it made me feel…for realz.  And yea, there were tears and real words and apologies and tough love talk and finally, in the end, a hug.  

But this isn’t a story of that, because well, you know I share a lot, but sometimes you just have to keep that inside…this is a story of what happened to both of us after we hugged.  After we had worked things out.  After we had shared a moment in life that made us both understand that we still love each other.  

This is a story of that time when a cab driver pulled up to the curb right in front of where we were standing outside of the restaurant.  That part isn’t odd, because it’s a restaurant and a ton of people get dropped off at the front door.  The “odd” part was…careful, there are a lot of swear words and inappropriate connotations that will now happen, so if you have issues with that STOP READING THIS!  Right MEOW!!  …the driver of said taxi cab (Yellow Cab:  http://www.maineyellowcab.com/home.html) rolled down the passenger side window and yelled out to us, “Hey ladies!”.  We both looked over assuming he was going to ask us a question…maybe he’s lost?  Maybe he needs to know if said restaurant is still serving food?  Maybe.  But nope.  Here is what he said:  “Ladies!  So, this guy (points to the passenger), it’s his birthday today and I told him I would find him some nice girls for his birthday!”  My best friend, being who she is responds immediately with, “Well, too bad for him.  We’re not nice.”  Meanwhile, Amber has immediately been thrust into the ear ringing, adrenaline pumping, red rage and stands there staring…dumbfounded.  He laughs and says, “All the better!  Come on!  It’s his birthday!!”  Of course the passenger and his two friends in the back laugh and clap…so, I say, “Drive on.  Now.”  He doesn’t and proceeds to say, “WHAT?!  What’s wrong with you?  Just get in.  Have some fun!”  
And that is when I slowly walk to the cab trying desperately to set it on fire with my mind.  My first thought is, well, I do have this lit cigarette in my hand and I could very easily just toss it into the cab…hopefully right onto someone’s lap…so it would burn…through…his pants…his crotch…because obviously this guy should not be allowed to own his man parts.  Instead I lean over into the window, real close to “birthday boy” and say in the tone my mum uses the statement “I’m very disappointed in you”, “Drive on now before it gets ugly.  You’re on dangerous ground right now.”  The driver laughs and says to me, “Ooooooo!  Do that again!  Your angry face is f*cking hot!”  WHAT??!!  
“Drive NOW.”  
“Oh, baby!  Yea!  Do it again!!!”  
“Right.”  I pull out my phone and record the phone number to Yellow Cab (207-518-3563) and calmly ask him his name.
“Why you need my name?  You gonna call me?  Just get in!”
“Name.  Now.”
“John.  HAHAHAHAHA!  It’s John you miserable c*nt”  Good luck with being awful to everyone in your life.  I’m sure it’ll get you far in life, b*tch.”

…So.  Yea.  You guys know me well enough that with those words spewing out of his mouth I wanted to rip the roof off the cab, grab him by the throat and hurl him into oncoming traffic…unfortunately, I have not perfected my superpowers (yet).  He drove.  This is also why I am not allowed to own any form of firearm, because I would have taken care of this leech on society.  Instead I said, “F*ck you, you misogynistic pig.”

That’s when I dialed the number for the cab company in order to file a complaint, because that’s what adults do!  In my younger days I prolly would have chased after the cab punched it and/or kicked it resulting in only hurting myself in the process…so, I make a phone call.  

“Yellow Cab.”
“Hi, I would like to file a formal complaint against one of your drivers please.”  …see??  All nice and professional!
“Sure!  Hold on a minute, let me get a pen.  Can you tell me his name?”
“Yes, John.”
“Oh!  John!  Yes, I know him!  Can you give me the fleet number and license plate number?”
“No, unfortunately I can’t, but he’s heading towards St. John street on Congress with 3 male passengers.”
“Hmmmm…well if you don’t have a taxi number or plate number there isn’t much I can do.”
“Uhm.  Ok.  I would still like to file the complaint.”
“OH!  SURE!  Tell me what happened! …and why you’re so angry!”

As a side note, this should have been the first hint that something was off…well that and the fact that the “dispatcher” sounded oddly like the cab driver.  

So, I proceed to tell him the story.

“Oh, that’s a very good story!  No wonder you’re so upset!  Because you’re a miserable bitch and you want to make everyone around you just as miserable so you can make yourself feel better.  You skinny whore.  No wonder you don’t have a boyfriend!  You know I would date you, but I don’t like skinny ass c*nts!  You know what you should do??  You should drive to the grocery store right now.  No seriously, right now and buy a zucchini because that’s the only way you’re ever gonna get any!”

“Okay.  Wow.  I need your name now, I guess.”

“F*ck off c*nt.  Go to the store.  Get a zucchini and make sure it’s the smallest one you can find, because your p*ssy is small.”

NOTE:  I almost started laughing because a. The situation was too ridiculous to be happening and b. Uhmmmmm…wait…isn’t that a good thing?!  ANYWAY…

“Alright.  I just want you to know that I will make sure everyone I know is privy to this situation and not to use Yellow Cab ever.”

“Ok whore.  Wait.  You have a television show??  What are you a rich white b*tch with connections?!  How are you going to do that??  Yellow Cab is EVERYWHERE!  We’re viral c*nt!  You can’t do anything about this!!  Go f*ck yourself with that zucchini!!”

“And now I am going to call the police on you.  Thank you.”

“Yea.  Go call the cops b*tch!  You can’t do anything about this you angry, miserable b*tch!!”

[CLICK]
…dial cops.
The rest of the story is rather uneventful.  I ran inside to let my boss know what happened and that the cops were going to show up, but that I would ask them to pull around the corner to speak with them because, hey, it’s his restaurant.  I spoke with the police and they said they would try and find this guy and “give him a talkin’ to”…whatever that means.


So this is me filing my formal complaint against Yellow Cab.  You can share this with everyone.  Please.  No one needs this scumbag driving around.  And yes, I do remember what you look like, so you should proceed with caution because I will now make sure I have mace on me at all times.

37 comments:

  1. I know it wont make that shit bag catch fire (but, plus side, you won't go to jail) but you could try the better business bureau too. So sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a real winner:
    http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Lee-County-FL/Abderrahim-Lembarra.8145630.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.courtsentry.com/court/Abderrahim+Lembarra

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.facebook.com/YellowCabMaine I think this is their facebook page just incase anyone would like to comment for them. Great story. From a fellow mainer, your words are heard, and we are spreading the message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putting in a complaint to the city, those who grant taxi licenses and taxi company permits, could help (the city would have to notify them a complaints been submitted, and it could complicate things when they look to renew).
    Email and phone number for complaints quoted from http://www.ci.portland.me.us/taxis/taxi.asp :

    For licensing information or complaints contact:
    Marion Oliver – telephone 756-8377 or email mto@portlandmaine.gov

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you had laughed it off or ignored him it "prolly" wouldn't have escalated. Guy is still a terrible person though. As an aside, posting someone's home address and info is a great way to have harassment charges brought against you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, I did not post his personal address and just realized it was there...I have deleted it because I fully agree with you. I do NOT wish any personal harm upon this person.
      Secondly, "laughing it off or ignoring" this type of behavior only increases the chances that a person of this caliber will do this again. I am not one to keep my mouth shut. Harassment is abusive. Period. And yes, any other person could have just ignored it, but where does that get us as a society? Objectifying women has become the norm and it is time we changed that.

      Delete
    2. You know what? If someone doesn't stand up against this type of behavior, the people who perpetrate it think it's ok. We need to show them it's not. Laugh it off? You gonna tell that to the next woman who gets cursed at or hit, or raped because of some troglodyte's behavior? Think before you speak.

      Delete
  8. This might be a shot in the dark, but I've had a similar experience with a taxi driver using the name John. Did he, by any chance, have a British accent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the record, I am the British taxi driver that this anonymous blogger is probably referring to. So you know, I have several customers that call me on a regular basis & don't think I'm an asshole. I provide a quality service to my regular customers, along with other customers that I pick up. That said I do treat people in the same manner that they treat me. any customer who gets in my taxi & treats me with courtesy & respect - will relieve the same back. however there are plenty of people out there who think its ok to get in a taxi & talk to + treat the driver, like he is a piece of sh..! That does not work well with me! Therefore - to anyone who thinks I have been an asshole to them - It's probably because you treated me like one first!!! Enough said.

      Delete
    2. I should also add that I have never been abusive to a woman, nor would I ever treat a woman in this manner. In fact I am a former defensive tactics instructor & protection officer. I am more about protecting the innocent, than abusing them!

      It also seems strangely coincidental that two anonymous posters, have posted the above similar comments, within 2 minutes of each other, don't you think. Perhaps this gutless anonymous blogger, is yet again, trying to shift the blame onto someone else!

      Delete
  9. Marion Oliver phone number is 207-756-8377 is in charge of all the cabs in the city of Portland Maine. this is who all complaints should go to

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be blogging about this soon. Hope we can get the guy reprimanded at the very least, or even better, fired. His treatment of women is clearly abysmal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abraham told me he was a supervisor of Yellow Cab but I suspect he actually owns the company either alone or with family. I don't think he'll be fired but perhaps the authorities can shut him down.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for all of your support!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you wrote about this. I have had similar things happen and I know this is a generic reply but I think you writing about it actually DOES SOMETHING in this utterless powerless, violating situation. Thank you and may those of us who care, understand and support you help you repair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've take yellow cab almost daily, for a while now. Now that the weather has improved, its not so much anymore, but its still a few times a week. Its always been with friendly and pleasant service. I've never once had anyone treat me in such a way, nor have i ever heard from the many people i know (who take this cab as well) anything negative about the company or any of its drivers. I've never heard any of the drivers talk disrespectfully towards/about woman in anyway either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yellow cab will be posting there side of the story thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When, and where, will they be posting "there" side of the story? Can we anticipate it also being written by a nine-year-old like this teaser was?

      Delete
  15. Amber, can you ID him from this video featuring Abraham Lembarra? http://www.pressherald.com/news/new-proposal-seeks-to-limit-airport-taxis_2012-10-04.html, and if so, can the police use it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not wish any personal injury to the man in question; consequently, I will not comment on any photos or videos except to the authorities. Sorry!

      Delete
  16. Do you have any proof or evidence to support your side of the story? Any pics, voice recordings, anything at all?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope that someone stops this guy. I've had experience with Abraham at Yellow Cab too. The guy is unstable and a pathological liar. I refuse to use that company anymore. There is something wrong with him and I felt unsafe because he seems unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://steed.bangordailynews.com/2014/05/07/meet-yellow-cab-the-company-and-its-owner-behind-the-harassment-claims/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yellow Cab takes this very seriously. Our customer's safety and security is our priority. Under no circumstances would this behavior be acceptable. An investigation has been conducted by the better business bureau. The accusations made by "panda pants" AKA Amber, in her blog, have been determined to lack credibility. We have no drivers by the name of John. One driver was at that location, however, his account of what transpired was very different. According to the driver a woman approached the cab for ride, asking if she can smoke in the vehicle. The driver told her no. She asked the driver if he would wait a minute and she went inside the restaurant, Local 188. Shortly after she came back outside and motioned to the driver, to wait another few minutes. A few minutes later, three men opened the door and asked for a ride to a nearby hotel. As the men entered the car, the woman came out of the restaurant with her arms in the air, obviously upset, and mouthed "what the f- - - -". She approached the cab again saying this is my cab, I asked you to wait and now you are taking these guys. The driver said he was going to take the men to their hotel nearby and he'd be back, or he could call another taxi for her. The woman then began cursing at the driver. The driver drove away. While in route to drop off the men at the hotel, the driver received a phone call from a man, identity was unknown, who continued cursing and using vulgar language. That was the end of it, according to the driver. This matter will be further investigated by both Yellow Cab and the City of Portland. No further comment will be posted by Yellow Cab until the conclusion of these investigations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very interesting take on what actually transpired. I will be sure to forward this on to the appropriate parties. Thank you.

      Delete
  20. Amber, so SO sorry you had this experience! If we can offer any support or a platform as the nearest Hollaback! site, please get in touch. boston at ihollaback.org

    Stay awesome, and thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH, Hollaback! I will keep you updated!

      Delete
  21. Hey there!
    If you have had any contact with Yellow Cab that includes a response from them, could you forward it on to me? There is a hearing scheduled for June 3rd and any/all information you have may be pertinent.

    Alt-so, as a side note, if you are threatening him in any way please stop. I completely understand the gut reaction, but it will in no way help my case against him.
    OkThanksLoveYouBai!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Panda Pants.
    You are not the first person this disgusting pig has sexually harassed. I had an unpleasant encounter with him myself. I know it was Abraham Lembarra because his name and picture (hack license?) were in plain view inside the cab. It was embarrassing and degrading. I also filed a complaint and will NEVER use yellow cab again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! I'm a freelance journalist with the Portland Phoenix. I'm doing an article about Portland sexual street harassment. I'd like to get in contact with you and ask a few questions. My e mail is kam040692@gmail.com

    It would be much appreciated.

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. I read all your posts and waiting for new ones, now! Thanks!!! Regards.
    limo rental gainesville fl

    ReplyDelete
  25. Traveling from one place to another become very difficult, if you have no suitable option for transfer services then do not worry we are here to provide the best transportation services to you.
    Airport Taxi Jacksonville FL

    ReplyDelete