Thursday, July 7, 2011

06/27/11

Woke up after amazingly bad dreams.  I don’t remember what they were, but they were awful.  I am human sometimes.  When you wake up from such terrors, you then wake up again and realize you’ve been staring at the ceiling for an hour…and yo’ eyes are all done dried out and hurt, but there are still tears running down the sides of your face. 
So what does this lady do after nightmares?  Well, basically she does what she does when she finds herself in a stupid situation—do it UP! UP! UP!  So today?  Shorts, rainbow socks, boots, Forks Washington (those are the sparkly vampires) deconstructed t-shirt, aqua braid clip for ma’ hair, and glitter eyeliner fo’ ma’ eyes!  OK!  GO!
And then what?

10:00 am:
Well, you check out of the hotel and then go hula hoop on the beach which is right next door for and hour and a half while staring at the ocean!  YAY!  All better…AFTER you fling down your hoop, rip off your boots and socks and literally RUN into the ocean while smiling like a frackin’ lunatic.  Yes.  This is the Amber you know and love.  You can’t deny it, so don’t even try…oh…unless you didn’t know this about her and now you’re a wee bit frightened?  Hmmmmm…that’d be weird.  If your frightened, then let me know and I’ll find you and crush hug you.  You won’t be frightened any more.  Promise. 

11:15 am
All done at the beach and I’m sauntering back to my car.  Yes!  I also saunter sometimes, which does feel strange and slow since typically I walk like I’m on the boot camp cat walk!  As I approach my car I notice that there is a cop talking with a local guy right beside my car.  This guy was informing the cop of the shenanigans that occurred last night when “Billy” decided to take his boat out, but he was drunk and when he came back into the harbor he smashed his boat against a couple other boats and didn’t even realize.  Well, the cop says he should come down and talk with Billy about the situation and the guy agrees.  Said guy gets in his car (they are going to go down there now) and heads that way.  The cop watches him go then turns to me—imma trying to get most of the sand off of my feet and put my boots back on—and asks me how long I’ve been doing what I just did.  OH!  Wha?  You were watching?  DOH!  Um, not too long.  I’m not very good.  He informs me that it looks really difficult and complicated and that I seemed really good at it.  Why that ye’ officer!  That’s most appreciated!  Can you not step so close to my car now, ‘cause I’m worried I didn’t get all the wine cleaned up so well and you’re gonna get a whiff of it and then notice that my temporary plates expire TOMORROW!  AH!  Then what?  Then I’m dragged off ta’ jail because he thinks I’m some drunk, high, hippie vagabond that is driving a stolen vehicle…and then?  End of Leeloo and the Amazon. 
Instead, he tells me to have a great day and leaves.
Phew!
I bring out my maps and boots and coffee and sit on the bench looking out over the beach to figure out what the heck I’m doing.

11:30 am:
Yep.  15 minutes later said cop drives up and pulls in right next to me where I was sittin’.  Well, that didn’t take long now did it?  He asks me all sorts of questions and tells me that he’s so very jealous of what I’m doing.  Then he looks out his windshield and gets this far off dreamy look and I just want to go up to him and hug him and let him know that he CAN do what I’m doing, that he’s NOT stuck, that it’s OK!!  Oh gosh.  It was so hard to control and I’m gonna assume that running up to a cop sitting in an SUV, throwing open the door, dragging him out, and giving him a HUGE hug is not ok to do?  It’s not right?  ‘Cause if it is, Imma gonna drive back there right now and do it!  His name is Devon and if you’re ever in Crescent City, please say hi to him for me.

12:30 pm:
CaliforniaOregon state line!  WOOOOOOO!!  Here we ARE!  The Oregon state line visitor center is on of the best visitor centers evah!  They have water efficient toilets and sensor sinks and reclaimed wood and water collection.  BAH!  The older guy working there told me where to go to camp and information on public camp sites and the State Park ones.  I asked him if the sites were like California’s sites and he looked at me and said, “No, honey.  We actually take pride in our State Parks and want people to keep coming back unlike California”.  Whoa.  Ok.  Um…sorry! 

1:00 pm:
I have a few days before I need to be in Portland Oregon to see my BFF, Rita so I might as well hang out at a campsite/beach for the afternoon/evening, right?  And yes, it was right!  Harris Beach State Park.  I hung out on the beach for 4 ½ hours!!  (heart)

6:00 pm:
RAIN!  I haven’t seen or felt rain in almost a month and that there?  That is an amazing feeling to have when the first whiff of rain hits your face and you know it’s going to be good because everything around you, including the ground all of a sudden BURST with its pure essence.  It’s like all of a sudden the earth so very much wants to attract the sky so it sends off its pheromones and us humans?  Well, we’re caught in the middle of this dance.
That night while walking through the rain to use the restroom I also saw a wee lil’ bunny!  He decided that the pathway was his though and as a human I should probably find another way around…I actually got scared because he just started staring at me…yes.  Scared.  I’ve seen Monty Python…I know what cute lil’ innocent looking bunnies can do!  I ain’t no fool!

At some point I slept.


No comments:

Post a Comment