Sunday, August 7, 2011

07/11/11

Last day in Portland.  Rita has to work today (for real, like at another place not just at home) so I will wait for her to come home for lunch and then zooooooom!  Only when she comes back it takes her longer than 1 hour to have lunch and hang out with me for the last time…(sigh) and we have to say goodbye at some point.  And crush hug.  Don’t cry though.  Nope.  Save that for when you are driving, Amber!  That’ll be best! 
Coffee to go and then I’m on the road…reluctantly.  Feeling like I have left something behind in Oregon…I may have and they can keep it…it may be important for them to have it one day. 

1 hour later:
Washington State.  Ain’t been heah in oh, 27 years.  Whoa.  I lived here from 1st-6th grade then we moved to Germany.  Somehow, Washington State still feels like home…

And now the bears and I are off ta’ Forks, WA!  Where we will discover the truth about sparkly vampires and huge werewolves!  OK!  GO!

6:15 pm:
Driving along 101 very near Forks and about 50 feet in front of me a very large (gigantic) black animal races across the street.  I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a bear because of how it was running and no, I have not heard of any pure black wolves in Washington State…perhaps it twas’ a werewolf?  Yes?  Perhaps.  We will never know for certain though…

Time unknown:
Checking into the Town Motel in Forks.  This motel has coo-coo-cr-azy gardens with gnomes and tons of birdfeeders, shoes, chairs, just tons of stuff!  And flowers too, but the stuff kind of overwhelms the actual garden.  The floors in the rooms were just cleaned so they’re a little damp.  Wet actually, but at least I know they randomly clean their carpets?  She told me about it before I actually paid, so it’s all good.
Off to the grocery store which is basically next door.  I would think that the townies would get used to the crazy people coming to visit their town, but I guess it’s a constant shock of who shows up…me being no exception?  Hmmmmmmmm…Yea.  Those are stares.  Well, I’ll just be nice to everyone and throw them off their game.  HA!!!  Made you laugh, dude stocking the beer!  You didn’t see that one coming huh?  YES!  Score!  Unicorned.
Oooooooooooooo!  What happens when a unicorn meets a sparkly vampire??!!  Oh. My. Goodness.  Is it a glitter explosion that implodes the world??!!  Uh oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment