Sunday, August 7, 2011

07/12/11

Mornin’!  Morning in Forks, Washington.  Awesome.  And this morning I think I will sit outside with my coffee and talk with this 60 year old woman and her two daughters in their 40’s about Twilight.  Yep.  That’s what Imma gonna do!  For 2 hours!!  YES!  And wow, they know everything about it…it’s rather frightening, but VERY enjoyable!!! 
Now I have this map that the woman at the motel office gave me so I think I’ll try and follow it and find the places that are most important like the Swan house and the Cullen house and La Push!  Poor Forks, WA.  You have all of this to drain the general public on and you don’t seem to want to have anything to do with it!  Your wee lil’ town could be booming, but your resisting…and making fun of us…why?  Why do you do that??!!  GAH!  The Cullen house is VERY disappointing.  It’s supposed to be outside of town in the woods.  It’s supposed to be this huge concrete and glass modern architectural splendor and what do you give me?  A 1920’s “Victorian” bed and breakfast right in town??!!!  WHA??!!  This is a farmhouse.  (sigh)  VERY DISAPPOINTED!  [cue: Hercules]

Time unknown:
Well, after the sad tourist shop (there are only 2 in town) I decide to head out to La Push which is supposedly on a real Reservation.  Man, I hope so!
And yes, it is!!!  With an amazing beach and driftwood and big rocks and cliffs surrounding it!!!!  YAY!  Perfect.  Thank you La Push!  You just made this trip worth it!!  So Imma gonna sit on this beach and stare at the ocean and play in the sand and dream of jumping off of those cliffs.  OH!  Not in a weird way, just in an adrenaline rush of jumping off of a cliff way!!!  YES!!!!

Time unknown:
And now I’m in Kitsap County and stalking my old house that I used to live it.  See, it was on 5 acres in the middle of the woods and had this long, long driveway down to it.  At the bottom of the hill was a Gingerbread House.  That was ours.  I lived on the top floor, which was just one room and an amazing closet that went back under the eaves.  It was all carpeted in there and when my mum couldn’t find me in the morning she knew that I would be sleeping in the closet wrapped up in my Raggedy Ann & Andy sleeping bag.  I tried to see it, but after almost 30 years, well; things grow…and BLOCK MA’ VIEW!!!  I did notice that they have a garage now…I thought about walking down the driveway, but I was unsure who actually may live there and didn’t think it would be wise to walk all the way down there…Silence of the Lambs came into my mind.
Sitting in my car at the top of the driveway I make plans with Ernie Adcock to meet up and have drinks.  I haven’t seen him since 6th grade…weird, huh?  Yea.  So we make a plan to meet…somewhere…I have to take the car ferry over!!!  YAY!!!!  Like a pro?  Did I do it like a pro?  Yes, Sir I did!  I even parked my car in the correct line, got out, went pee (in the bathrooms!!!), got back into my car and drove it onto the boat!  WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  When you get onto the ferry you can then go to the top deck and stand there and feel the wind surround you and watch the bay.  Perfect.  I guess most people park and then do a “mall walk” on the top deck during the trip (which is about ½ hour)…yes, it did freak me out when the same people kept walking by me over and over again.  I did done figured it out though!  I didn’t see any amazing animals in the water but I did see a container ship…does that count?  Hmmmmmm…

7:00 pm (ish):
Uncle Jack’s Billiards & Lounge with Ernie!  He’s grown to my height which is good ‘cause he used to come to just below my shoulder.  We hang out and talk and laugh.  He saves me from some creepazoids and then I guess it’s karaoke night there so we get to listen to old hip hop being done by some 20 something year old boys.  Weird and surreal…yep.  At the end of the night while we are playing pool I meet “Rockin’ Ricky”…he seemed fine at first.  Just a local dude all drunk and needing to talk.  Fine until he told me that all he needed was a roof over his head, a bed, a drink, and a gun.  There was something else, but I didn’t write it down and it was so scary that I think I may have blocked it from my mind.  He did this weird lean in and stare into my eyes thing.  Yea.  Ok.  Hey!  Rockin’ Ricky!  You need to do karaoke!!!  GO!  Somehow, he believes me…and when he goes up to sing, Ernie and I leave.  QUICK like!

1:00 am:
Sleep now please.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment